Mark Beamish Waterproofing opened for business in 1981 and within a few short years had risen to be an industry leader by consistently providing what so many other waterproofers did not: professionalism, quality of work, and exceptional service. We have the experience to accommodate your waterproofing needs, and we provide the service and quality to create and maintain long-term partnerships. We have aligned ourselves with the world’s leading manufacturers and are certified applicators of many of the most comprehensive waterproofing systems and solutions. By bundling our services, clients are provided a single-source moisture control solution for the entire building envelope, including waterproofing, deck coatings, sealants and air barriers.
The problems associated with air infiltration of buildings are well established. In addition to significant heating/cooling energy loss, air leakage through building envelopes can permit moisture and condensation to collect in the walls. This condensation creates a number of problems for buildings and occupants alike, including poor air quality, mold and mildew, and even structural damage.
To prevent these destructive outcomes, building designers are turning to vapor permeable air barrier systems. Vapor permeable options provide a means of moisture egress from the building envelope. In the Southern California area, the majority of the vapor present in structures is created from cook tops, showers, and steam rooms. This creates an environment in which the “vapor drive” moves from interior to exterior, and in many cases, becomes trapped within the wall cavity feeding mold growth, and resulting in staggering amounts of building envelope-related litigation.
Mark Beamish Waterproofing is a certified applicator of several vapor permeable air barriers to prevent such occurrences. While fully resistant to moisture in a liquid state, these products allow moisture in a vapor state to pass freely through the membrane. The products are typically a single component, fluid-applied option that is easy to install and would be applied in lieu of the current code dictating asphalt impregnated building paper. Leading waterproofing manufacturers such as Grace and Tremco are producing environmentally responsible air barrier systems.
The benefits of the leading vapor permeable air barriers are not limited to moisture management. The primary purpose of the product is to prevent the passage of hot/cold air into the structure. Grace Construction Products’ current testing indicates that their Perm-A-Barrier VP will save a building owner on average between 33 to 37 percent on their annual energy costs by making it easier to maintain a consistent temperature within the building.
What They're Saying
- Your response and actions solidify our commitment to you and your organization. As a GC, our subcontractors are critical to our success. Thank you for being a great business partner.
Tim MarquezMarquis Construction, Inc.
- Mark Beamish has been great and has given us a wonderful experience. I would recommend you to anyone.
Melanie LopezMarquis Construction, Inc.
- You guys are efficient with both bidding and your work in the field. Very professional in all aspects of the business.
LeeAnn FordITX Construction Consultants
- Always appreciate the timely proposals when requested. The administrative efforts as it relates to payroll compliance and accounting are well above average as compared to other subcontractors and the quality control in the field is excellent. Keep up the good work and Thank you!
Jason HamaNovus Construction
- Great service experience all the time from Rob, Blake and all field guys.
Ricky ReyesLot Management